Here’s Why People Should Delete Instagram!
There may be a thousand reasons why you want to delete Instagram, it has become a place where you can be misguided about a lot of things, or maybe a place that can distract you from your goals. Seeing everything which looks so perfect on Instagram makes you doubt your own self at times! Craving for a perfect life like others can at times make you doubt your own self-worth. While most of us know the reasons to do it, it is also important to know that how to delete an Instagram Account. This may sound very basic but it’s not as basic as the process you use to deactivate Instagram.
First of all there is a difference between ‘how to delete Instagram- the app’ and ‘how to delete an Instagram account’.
When you delete your social media, you cut this negative influence out of your life. According to a report on Time.com Instagram is the worst social media app that affects your mental health in the 21st century.
It can mortify your sleeping patterns, body image issues and create the feeling of low esteem in youngsters.
You may stop investing in many superficial connections, and start investing in the ones that matter. You start focusing on better things and start building real relationships in the real world.
What are the benefits of quitting Instagram?
- REDUCES ANXIETY: Deleting Instagram can help you reduce anxiety as youngsters started measuring their self worth with the number of likes they have on their pictures.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: This can help you save a lot of time to do something constructive in your life, you can start developing new hobbies and explore exclusive passions for yourself or maybe relax back and spend some quality time with your family and friends.
- MENTAL PEACE: Deleting your account can help you stop overthinking and avoid loose talks with strangers. It can help you to live an organic life for yourself and not for your followers. It has become more of a rat race, who has more number of followers? Who is happier? Who can post the maximum amount of pictures? and the list goes on!
- DISCONNECTS FROM REAL WORLD: You can physically go to meet your friends and spend time with them and cherish old memories instead of just scrolling over your old photos.
- PRIVACY IN DANGER: Approving a follow request is approving that person to know about your whereabouts and your personal life.
- WASTAGE OF DAILY DATA: Ever thought about how much data is wasted in watching reels or IGTVs? You can use this data to enroll under your favorite course or watch live streams about science, technology, and the future.
Go through this article if you can’t stop checking your phone!
So let’s get learn how to remove your digital footprints from Instagram by deleting your account permanently or disable it temporarily.
A lot many people actually uninstall Instagram but that doesn’t delete your account from the app. You need to delete your account by logging into Instagram from your desktop or mobile browser. You can view your account data or download a copy of your data on Instagram at any time as you cannot retrieve any day once your account would be deleted.
Reviewing your data on Instagram
Instagram app for Android and iPhone:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in settings.
- Tap Security, then tap Access Data.
- To review a specific type of data, tap View All.
Downloading a copy of your data on Instagram
If you want a copy of everything you’ve shared on Instagram, definitely you would have a lot of memories on your feed, you can request a download of your data in a machine-readable (JSON) format. You’ll need your Instagram account password to request this information.
Note: It may take up to 48 hours for Instagram to email you a download link. Some data which you may have deleted may be stored temporarily for safety and security purposes, but will not appear when you access or download your data.
If you can’t access your Instagram account and still want to download a copy of your data, you can contact them here.
click on this link to go to your Instagram deletion page.
Just let Instagram know what’s your reason for leaving the platform. After that, you’ll be presented with a password input. Just type out your Instagram password and click “permanently delete my account.”
Remember! Your account, along with all your photos and data, will be deleted from the website forever if you have selected for permanent deletion, but if you want to delete your account on a temporary basis your data will be safe and secured on the app. But after permanent deletion, you will never be able to create the same username account any further. You will never be able to see your account or recover the data from your account.
Is there a difference between ‘how to disable Instagram’ and ‘how to deactivate an Instagram account?’
There is no difference between deactivating an Instagram account and disabling an Instagram account, there is an option of how to disable Instagram which is the process to deactivate an Instagram account.
But are you sure you want to delete your account, or you just want to learn how to deactivate an Instagram account?
If you are feeling that you are using too much time on Instagram you can try:-
YOUR ACTIVITY FEATURE ON INSTAGRAM
To find the new feature, launch the Instagram app, go to your profile page, and then tap the hamburger icon (the three lines stacked on top of each other) on the top right side of your screen.
From there, tap “Your Activity” to launch the feature and tweak your settings. This feature works amazing and can capture the time you spend on Instagram and you can reduce your browsing time if you set REMINDERS.
If you don’t wish to take the extreme step of deleting your Instagram Account, you can learn how to disable Instagram, and disable your account to deactivate Instagram account.
The final decision lies in your court, what do you want to do ultimately choose that option which makes you happy and satisfied with the time you are providing to social media in general. After all, it keeps you connected to your loved ones.
Feel free to share your opinions on the same in the comment section!