Backup installed software in windows is the best and secure way to overcome any disaster or if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows. In this way, you can keep safe your installed software data. You don’t need to do settings right from the start and other tasks of your installed software whenever you install Windows or if by any chance you lost all the software’s data. Or even if you want to change your PC, then this is also the best way to get back all the previous look and settings of the applications you have installed on your PC. Also, we have an article about backup iPhone data and backup Android photos.
Why Do You need to Backup Installed Software In Windows?
With the coming of Windows 10’s fall update, the security systems have progressed and Windows is deleting some software without any prior warning and listing the reason for removal as “incompatibility”. This issue in Windows 10 is faced by many users and they are seeking to overcome this problem.
Tip! Download teamviewer or Use Teamviewer without installing.
Many users install all the software one by one manually and do the settings right from the start again. Although, it one of the solutions to get back all the software, but it’s not the ideal one. This could become a hassle and could take a lot of time to configure all the software from the start.
Also Read: How To Prevent Data Loss In The Cloud
So, we have found some software which you can install to backup installed software in Windows to keep the data safe. The applications that we picked are efficient, reliable and simple to use. Whether you want to install a new copy of windows or you want to change your computer or if some applications got uninstalled or damaged by some chance. You can use these applications to backup and restore the installed software in your Windows at any time.
Software to Backup And Restore Installed Software In Windows
It has intuitive interface combined with the wizard that helps you to perform backup and recovery software in Windows with easy steps. It supports many languages like English, Portugues, Deutsch, Español, Français and many others.
Steps to Install and perform backup with EaseUS
- First of all, download and install EaseUS on your computer.
- Choose “Via an image file” and then select “Create the image file”.
- Now select image storage location where you did like to save the backup of the application. ( It is recommended to choose external storage device to save the image )
- Select the applications you want to backup and then press Save button.
Steps to restore the data from the image file.
- Copy the image file to your PC if you have saved it on the external drive.
- Install and run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your computer.
- Go to “Via an image file” > “Transfer from the image file”.
- Select the image storage location and the application you want to restore.
- Finally, click “Transfer” and the process of restore will begin.
This application for all the popular platforms like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and is a very user-friendly application. It is a safe, secure and efficient tool to backup and restores app data on Windows.
Also Read: How To Prevent Data Loss In The Cloud
This app is specially developed for backup and restore purpose and is completely free to use. Whether you want to transfer your data to another PC or you want to install Windows on your computer, this tool will help you to keep your software’s data configurations safe and as it is. You need to register in PickMeApp’s website before download.
Steps to install and backup with PickMeApp
- First of all, download and install PickMeApp on your computer.
- Now open the app. You will see the window like as in the screenshot below. On the left side, the applications that are installed on your computer are listed. On the right side, the applications that are compatible with the tool and can be installed are listed.
- From the left side, select the app that you want to take backup of and click on “Capture”.
- Now it will take some time to take create the backup of the software and save it as a .tap file.
- Now look for this file on the right, select and click on the “Save as .exe” button.
The backup will be done successfully by above-mentioned steps. Now if you want to restore the backup data, just follow the below steps.
Steps to restore data from PickMeApp.
- Open the PickMeApp and select the apps that you want to restore.
- Now click on the “Install” button.
Your applications will be restored as it is.
Also Read: Top 8 Tips to Enhance Your Gaming Experience
So that was all about how to backup and restore installed software. Although, the deleted applications can be re-installed, but the data and configurations associated with them cannot be restored if you don’t have any backup. So it is always recommended to backup installed software in Windows as there are huge cases found, Windows has removed certain software without any prior warning.