Picnik is the award-winning web application for manipulating images online. This is powered by Flash and provides the smooth interface while editing images. Picnik is offered in Basic and Premium account types, basic account can be used to perform the basic tweaks to the images which has limited functionalities where the premium account is loaded with professional features and hundreds of effects. One can fetch the Premium Account by paying $24.95 every year or $2.08 per month.
Picnik is designed for easy photo editing. After logging in to the website we see four basic tabs – Home, Library, Edit and Save-n-Share.
- Home tab shows the possibilities that can be done with the images by Picnik as well as allows us to upload the images to be edited. You can also get the Chrome extension of Picnik in this page.
- Library tab is the place with five options to manipulate the image, the options available in the Library are-
- Edit Photo: Here we get the basic image manipulating options include crop, rotate, exposure, colors, sharpen, resize as well as professional functionalities, some notable features available here are Vampire Eyes (ghost like eyes effect), Blood Stains, Fangs (devil teeth effect), Wounds, Blood Splatters etc. You can also retouch the image with Black & White, Sepia, and Soften effects here.
You can add Text, Stickers (speech bubbles, clip arts etc.), and Frames to the image and adjust them according to your needs. Final touch ups can be done here.
- Make a Collage: You can create the collages using various templates including jigsaw and grids etc. here. autofill, shuffle, proportion, spacing and rotate features can be used to change the look and feel of the collage.
- Make a Fancy Collage: Eye catchy templates are available here to beautify the collage. You can choose from Halloween, autumn, caribbean, birthday, mother’s day, father’s day, valentine’s day and Christmas templates to apply to your collage. Most of the templates available here are for premium account only.
- Make a Show: Here you can make slide-shows and share them with your friends. Only few templates are available here.
- Make a Keepsake: You can design and order your own keepsake from picnik. Keepsakes consist of mugs, frames, post cards, greeting cards, posters, mini books, books and calendars etc.
- Save & Share: Once your image is edited you can either save it in your computer or share the edited with Facebook, Flickr, Photo Bucket etc. Or you can even email it directly to your friends or family.
Picnik is organized with “easy to use” manner that everyone could understand it. It is suitable for both amateur and professional photo editors. Although it can’t beat the Photoshop, Picnik is the life saver when you are away from your own computer or traveling. Give it a try @ www.picnik.com.