wondershare filmora reviewsWondershare’s Filmora is very stylish and elegantly designed video editing software for Mac and Windows. It’s one of a kind and very professional video editing software. There are tremendous ready–to–use features offered for creating that perfect movie. Easy Mode offers you the easiest way out to edit the video. Full Feature Mode gives you an advance and intense editing space. Let’s have a look at the Filmora Video Editing Software in depth.
This mode easily Imports all the videos that you want to edit in the first step. Next are the templates of the Themes you want to choose from. There’s just one available Theme template and rest are for downloading (free). After selecting the Theme for your video, you can select the amazing Music that’s already available in the software itself or add one of your own, here are some best royalty free music for youtube videos. Once all of this is done Filmora prepares your movie for a Preview where you can keep/remove the original sound and put the Opening and Closing Titles.
After you are sure with everything, move on to the final level to Export your movie and change the Settings of the output if needed. You also have the option of choosing the Format, Device, and the Social Media Type.
The Easy Mode is just too easy to use. There’s no creative freedom except for choosing the type of Theme and/or Music. Everything is done automatically.
Tip: If you are a serious Youtuber or Vlogger, you cannot miss these 5 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Videos in 30 minutes
Wondershare Filmora Reviews-FULL FEATURE MODE
The Full Feature Mode gives you more creative freedom for all your imaginations to come alive. You can Import your media files the same way as in the easy mode. But here you have a separate window to view all your selected files. You have another window where you can play the selected media files. Once you know which file you want to use, drag or add them to the Timeline where you’ll start editing.
Filmora allows you to use their free Music which is just enough for your editing experience as there always are copyright issues and you wouldn’t want to ruin your video just because of that. You can also add a Voice–Over in your video clip.
Talking about the Titles, there’s a really incredible and professional range to choose from. You have around 156 ready–to–go Titles. In other high–end software you would have to create such Titles employing a lot of your time but in Filmora you get these all readymade and for free. These Titles can also be customized according to your preferred Size and Text.
Coming to the Filters, you have around 146 types. There’s a wide variety that’ll help you make that perfect movie. Some filters have the option for modifying their settings and some don’t.
You have another option and that is Overlay. There are around 40 Overlays to opt from. These also cover (overlay) the Filters you’ve chosen for your video.
You get another exciting feature – Elements. Filmora has 321 Elements in total. These again are difficult to create in other high–end software and Filmora gives them to you for free without wasting much of your time. Just choose the one that best fits your video clip and decorate the video with your creativity.
The features don’t end here. Filmora has some cool Transitions to offer. Some people may not be so fond of using them but some may want to. Professional video–editors advice not to use such Transitions in your videos and keep them clean and cut–to–cut. But in case a video demands any Transition it’s fun to play with these.
There’s a Split Screen option too. You can Split your screen and add a cool element to your video. Choose how many splits you want to make to the screen, what videos you want to add in those screens and there you go.
While Exporting, even in the Full Feature Mode you have the option of choosing the Format of your Exported video, Device you want to view it on and the Social Media Type like YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook. The Exported video for the particular social media channels gets uploaded straight away with the correct settings. Exporting doesn’t take time and is very quick.
- Filmora gives you the choice of two aspect ratios i.e. 4:3 and 16:9.
- There are two modes in which you can edit a video – Easy mode (which literally does everything for you) and Full Feature Mode (which requires you to put in some efforts).
- It’s based on 25fps (frames per second)
- You can actually use the arrow keys now to step forward or backward frame by frame, unlike the previous update which didn’t perform this function.
- Filters, Music, Titles, Transitions, Split Screen, Overlays and Elements are the features offered in the Full Feature Mode.
- You can even correct the aspect ratio of the videos imported (if the video still doesn’t fit) in this new version of Filmora
WHAT’S NOT GOOD
- In both the Easy and Full Feature Mode, Filmora has a very ugly and super big watermark on the screen of the video exported. I am sure no one would want to get their videos with a watermark that occupies almost 70% of the screen. This watermark is displayed on the unregistered version.
- Filmora has virtually fewer updates compared to their previous editing software. They’ve just re–designed a few things.
- PERSONAL USAGE – 1 Year/1 PC for $29.99/Year; Lifetime/1 PC for $49.99 (discounted price); Multi-Users (2–5 PC) for $119.97 (discounted price)
- BUSINESS – Lifetime/1 PC for $99.98
- STUDENTS/SCHOOLS – Get special discounts of up to 60% off on your purchase
VERDICT FOR FILMORA
I would recommend this software for beginners or for people who just need quick editing for their videos and don’t want to spend hours and hours on learning and adjusting to professional software. It’s very easy to use and quite affordable if you plan to buy the registered version. It gives you marvelous results. Of course, you cannot compare it to any hi – end professional video editing software but it’s good to go for beginners and would even help the professionals in some or the other way.
And not to forget, Filmora will be present at the upcoming VidCon which will be held from 23rd to 25th June 2016 at Anaheim CA, where they will giving away an iPhone every hour during the Expo.
Download Filmora from Wondershare.