Minecraft is one of the most popular games among gamers across the globe. The sandbox game got released in 2011 and allows its user to use their creativity at its fullest and even enables them to build their own 3D world environment.
Like any other game, this game is also accompanied by various issues and errors. Lately, many Minecraft users have complained stating- why does my Mindcraft keep crashing?
In the following segment, we’ll be enlisting the possible reasons that lead to Minecraft crashes on startup error.
Why does my Minecraft keep crashing?
The bugs are the prime factor leading to the crashing issue. However, there are few other causes for this error which are enlisted below:
- Corrupted game files can cause Minecraft crashing error.
- The java framework might be outdated, which can cause Minecraft to crash
- Outdated graphic cards can also lead to this error.
- Windows settings might not be right and this could be yet another major reason behind the problem.
Now that we’re aware of the possible reasons behind the Minecraft crashing on startup, let’s go through some easy hacks to get rid of this issue.
How do I stop Minecraft from crashing?
In this segment, we’ll be discussing various solutions to solve our problem effectively. The solutions are explained in a step-by-step manner and will help you do away with the Minecraft crashing issue effortlessly.
- Restart your Computer
Before you jump into some complex solutions to get rid of the issue, remember you can solve major issues related to your PC by merely restarting your computer. Likewise, you can resolve the Minecraft keeps crashing issue by simply restarting your PC. For this, close the game, restart your PC and then check if the issue still persists.
In case it does, move to the following solutions discussed in the next segment of this article.
- Repair Corrupted System Files
As mentioned earlier, Minecraft crashes on startup issue can be caused by corrupted system files. Therefore, you can use the SFC scan or the DISM command to scan your PC for any corrupted file and get rid of the issue in a few steps.
- Open the RUN dialogue box by pressing Windows+R keys.
- In the following Window, launch Command Prompt as admin by typing CMD.
- Next, type the following command and then press Enter.
- The scanning process will last for nearly 15 minutes.
- Once the scanning is done, restart your system.
In case this method fails to fix the Minecraft crashing on startup problem, you can run the DISM command as follows:
- Once the command prompt is launched as admin, type the following commands in the Run window, and press Enter after each of these commands:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The process shall take a few minutes.
- Once completed, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved.
If the problem still sustains, read the next solution.
- Organize Correct Settings
You can try the method of disabling the VBO for the Minecraft to solve the Minecraft crashes on startup.
Two ways to Disable VBOs in Minecraft are:
- Disabling VBOs in Minecraft’s settings.
This method works when you are successful in launching th e game:
- Go to Settings in your Game.
- Jump to Video Settings
- In the following window, locate VBOs and then turn the VBOs OFF as shown below.
- Reboot your System and then open the game.
- Disable VBOs in Minecraft file
In case you fail to launch the game, go to Minecraft options.txt file. and then disable the VBOs.
- Press Window+R to open the Run dialogue box.
- There, type %APPDATA%\.minecraft > click OK
- This will open the .minecraft folder for you.
- Next in the .minecraft folder > go to the options.txt file > click on it to open options .txt
- UseVbo must be changed to false as shown below
- save the file > restart your computer
Now run your game again and check if the Minecraft crashes on startup issue is fixed or not. However, if the problem still persists, jump to the next solution.
- Assure Java is installed
Java is important to run Minecraft and various other apps/games on your PC/laptop. Therefore it’s essential to have Java installed on your PC. If not installed, this might lead to Minecraft stuck on the Mojang screen. You can download java from its official website and check if the problem is resolved.
- Update Java
If despite having Java installed on your system, you’re facing the Minecraft keeps crashing issue then probably you’re using an outdated version of JAVA. You’ll be notified of any ready updates. However, you can manually update java to its latest version by following the steps listed below:
- Go to Search(next to windows icon in the bottom left corner of your system’s screen)> type configure java > open Configure Java
- Next, jump to Updates Tab
- Check for any updates
However, if Java is already updated you can check out the next fix and solve the Minecraft crashing issue.
- Reset Winstock
Wrong Winstock settings can lead to the Minecraft stuck on the Mojang screen. Therefore it’s important to reset Winstock settings by following the steps given below:
- Prss Windows+X keys and start the Command prompt as admin.
- In the command prompt, typ the following commands:
- netsh Winsock reset
- netsh Winsock reset
- Close the command prompt and restart your PC.
- The issue must get resolved, however in case you’re using a Static IP address then you need to reset it.
- Use the following commands in case the previous ones fail to solve your problem:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
After this, restart your PC and check if the Minecraft keeps crashing issue is fixed or not.
- Update Game Patches
The Minecraft crashes on startup due to bugs and to fix these, Mojang is releasing various patches.
Download the Minecraft patches and keep the game updated. This must resolve the issue.
- Reinstall Minecraft
If none of the above solutions come to your rescue, then reinstalling your Game is the final solution to get rid of the Minecraft keeps crashing error.
NOTE– Doing this will remove all the previous data, therefore you must backup all your game files. You can even copy the user’s data to another location from the game’s directory.
These are a few solutions to get rid of Minecraft crash related issues like-
- Minecraft crashes on startup,
- Why does my Minecraft keep crashing?
- Minecraft keeps crashing on launch,
- crashing when opening a world, etc.
You can also try updating Minecraft (Microsoft Store >check for updates) or update the graphic card driver to solve the Minecraft crashing issue effectively.
NOTE- You can check for updates in-game if you’re using the Win32 version.