Trying to recover deleted videos in android in your phone gallery? Did your favorite video got deleted from your Android phone accidentally? Then this article can be the end of all your searches. In this article, we will discuss where these deleted videos are stored in your device and several ways to restore them. We will guide you to choose the best solution by giving each recovery method’s pros and cons.
Understand what happens when the video is deleted from your Android device.
The device’s internal space is allocated for all the videos and images present in the Gallery of your Android device. They get stored in your device’s data partition. If a video gets deleted from your phone, then space allocated to it is marked as zero, which means new media files can now use this space. An interesting thing here is that the deleted video remains intact in the data partition of your device unless new media files replace it. Various data recovery tools restore data from your Android device, taking advantage of this point.
Note: Android 6 supports the use of a portable SD card to extend your Android device’s internal memory. There is a possibility that the video in question is stored on this SD card. You have to follow a slightly different method to recover deleted video files from this SD card.
Majorly you can recover deleted videos in android from your Android device using the following three techniques.
- Restore from the trash.
- Restore from Google Photos or from other folders where data of your device is backed up.
- Use data recovery tools.
Let’s see in detail how you can recover deleted video in android using the above techniques.
- Recover deleted video in Android device using a recently deleted folder.
You can use this method to recover deleted video in Android only if you have enabled the Recently deleted option in Album/Gallery’s settings on your phone. If it is already enabled on your phone, you can access a deleted video quickly by the following quick steps.
- Click on Album/Gallery folder on your Android phone.
- Locate the Recently deleted folder and click on it.
- Select the video to be recovered.
- Tap on restore, present at the bottom to get back the video in your gallery folder.
Limitations: If more than 30 days are passed after the video is deleted, you won’t be able to recover it using this technique. You can go to the next solution.
2. Recover deleted videos in Android phones or tablets from backup folders.
As precautionary measures, it is good to keep the backup of your phone or computer. In your Android device, there might be two options to keep your data backup one is using device cloud storage, and the other is via Google account. If you have switched on the Back and Sync option in your device, then you can restore your data from these folders. For example, if you are using a Vivo phone, you can restore data from the Vivo cloud service and Google servers.
You can use this link to know the steps for backing up data on Google from your Android device.
You can restore the deleted videos from Google photos as follows:
- Open the Google photos app.
- Tap on Library present at the bottom.
- Touch on Trash.
- Long tap on the video to be recovered.
- Tap on restore.
- The video will be restored in the Gallery, Google Photo library, or any other folder it was present earlier.
Limitation: You cannot use this method if you have not turned on the Backup and Sync option on your phone.
You cannot restore very old videos using Google Photos as it saves videos in the bin only for 60 days.
Use Data recovery tools to recover deleted videos, Android devices.
We have listed down top data recovery tools with pros and cons, which can help to restore the deleted videos on your device. Most of them are free, and you don’t have to be technically sound to use them. Statistics given below each tool are retrieved from the Google Play Store, depending on the user reviews and the number of customers using these apps.
Recovery software: Recover deleted files.
This app of WolfApp.Inc can recover deleted photos, videos, and audios and resolve all data loss issues quickly and effortlessly.
- No rooting of Android device required.
- Can recover data from both internal memory and SD card of Android device.
- Safe and reliable.
- Neat and clean user interface.
- It lacks features for bulk file restoration.
- It does not recover files deleted before the app was installed.
Disk video recovery undeleted videos in android: Video backup.
This app claims to recover all deleted videos from your device by using cache and thumbnails.
- It recovers video files of various formats, including FLV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, etc.
- You can also backup video files.
- No rooting required, and data can be recovered from both SD card and internal device memory.
- Too much promotion of advertisements causes disturbance while using this app.
- For a customized selection of folders to recover video files, the pro version has to be installed.
Dumpster-recover deleted photos, restore videos.
Baloota’s dumpster app functions in the same as the recycle bin. Once you install this on your device, it stores all deleted photos, videos files without any root access, which can be recovered easily and quickly.
- Privileged access is not required for backing up and restoring data.
- Internet connection is not required to restore deleted files.
- Safe and reliable.
- It may fail to recover all video files.
- You need to pay for extra features.
Recover deleted video in Android by connecting your android device to the computer.
Other than downloading and using the apps from Google Play, you can connect your Android device to the computer and recover deleted videos in android using various software. Some of them are:
Common steps to recover deleted videos in android by the software are as follows.
- Root your Android device to gain privileged access to use data recovery software.
- Enable USB debugging in your device settings so that connected computers can access all files on your android device.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Install data recovery software on your computer.
- Follow the instructions given on the wizard to scan folders from your Android device to recover deleted video files.
In this article, we discussed three main techniques to recover deleted video from Android and listed a few free tools to recover data. Add comments to ask any questions if you don’t understand any of the methods given above. If you come across any other trick that worked for you, then please share it with us. The best thing you can do is be proactive and keep backing up data now and then to avoid significant losses.