Lotus Notes and Outlook are two famous email clients those are considerable by users for emailing and other collaborative tasks. Lotus Notes is compatible to adopt when you have good technical knowledge and you do not have any problem to execute each command within email platform. In comparison to Lotus Notes, MS Outlook is adoptable when you are not comfortable attend technicalities of email operations.
But when you decided to perform data conversion then it is necessary that before accomplishing the task you must know the first and most important thing about Notes to Outlook migration is as you start with the conversion you need to install both the applications IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook on your system on which the migration needs to carry out. So before starting up the Lotus Notes mailbox migration, install these two applications on your system. You can follow the simple steps that are given below to set up the Lotus Notes on your system, the process of configuring MS Outlook with POP3 account, locating NSF files and installing and using an external application to convert Lotus Notes mailbox to PST.
- Also read; How To Recover Email Password From Outlook
Setting up the IBM Lotus Notes Application on Your System
- Start with downloading the free trial version of Lotus Notes application. It is easily available and can be obtained FREE OF Cost on the IBM website.
- Go to Start> Programs > Lotus Applications> Lotus Notes
- As you run the Lotus Notes for the very first time, the Configuration wizard of the Lotus Notes Client starts.
- You can configure the Lotus Notes on your system by following the instructions and correctly entering the required information.
Configuring Outlook with the POP3 Account: Nowadays almost all the systems that operate in Windows environment have the Microsoft Outlook email client installed with Windows suite. To set up the MS Outlook email program, you need to follow the simple steps to activate and configure it with POP3:
- First step is to install MS office on your system.
- Then open and locate the Outlook Program. Click on the start button and find the Outlook icon in the pop-up menu. You can also view it on the desktop. You can view the Outlook program at any of these locations by clicking on the Outlook icon.
- Configure MS Outlook account with POP3 settings
Process of Locating the Notes NSF Files: The Lotus Notes NSF files are saved by default in the following location:
Preventions to Adopt Before Data Migration
- Take Backup: During data conversion from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook, due to some unwanted actions you can face data loss situations so better to avoid such hindrances by creating a backup of NSF files.
- Try New Email Client: If you are going to use Windows Outlook and not known with internal commands of the email client then, install and configure Outlook on your computer. Use it; it will help you to understand how to cope up with MS Outlook easily.
Free Tool to Know How to Export Lotus Notes Email to PST
- Download and run the FREE Demo Version of SysTools Export Notes software from their website.
- Browse or select the NSF files on your system that are to be converted.
- After selecting the NSF database click the “Open” button.
- For migration click the “Export” button.
- Conversion process is done if you want to open the PST file, then follow the saving location path selected during the process.
- Recommended; How to Schedule Email in Gmail
About Guest Author:
Eileen McKanzi is an IT Consultant specialized in email conversion and data recovery.