How to Use iMessage on Windows PC
One of most used applications of iOS is definitely iMessage which has become even better with the latest updates. Even though there are several messaging apps but for all those people, who use Apple, iMessage still remains the favorite choice. It can be used in all iOS devices, included iMac. But what about those who use Windows PC; you must be wondering if there is away to use iMessage on your computer. Fortunately, there are a few alternatives ways to get iMessage for you.
The methods can be a little tricky but they surely work. In this article, you can learn how to use iMessage on Windows PC.
- Use Chrome Remote Desktop
One of the simplest ways to use iMessage for Windows is by utilizing Chrome’s Remote Desktop feature. For this method to work, you will need to set up things on your Mac first; make sure it has iMessage to start off with. The Chrome Remote Desktop extension will connect your Windows PC to Mac remotely and allow you access to iMessage.
Follow these simple steps to get it done:
- Download and install Google Chrome and Chrome Remote Desktop extension on both Windows computer and Mac.
- When the installation is done, click on launch app.
- Download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer on your Mac.
- Once the download is completed, follow the instructions and finish the installation.
- Chrome Remote Desktop lets you access another computer’s app remotely.
- Connect the two computers through a security code and use iMessage on your Windows PC through the remote connection as you normally do on your Mac.
Chrome Remote Desktop gives you a secure connection where there is no risk of losing private information. But, make sure that you Mac is always turned on, otherwise this method will not work.
- Get an iOS Emulator
Well, if you do not have Mac and still want to use iMessage on your Windows computer, there is another way to get that done. You have an option to get an iOS emulator on the Windows PC.
iOS emulator is third party software which creates a virtual ecosystem on your Windows PC and allows you to use iOS applications. The most widely used iOS emulator for Windows computers is iPadian. This tool makes you feel like you are running an Apple device.
Here is how you can iMessage on Windows PC by using iPadian
- Go the iPadian official website and download the free emulator from there.
- Install the file on your computer and run the emulator.
- Go to the next step by accepting terms and conditions.
- Post the installation, launch the iPadian emulator on your PC
- In the search box, type iMessage and select it.
- Download the iMessage app and click on launch.
You can access iMessage on your Windows PC now. There are some other emulators too such as APP.IO, Mobione Studio, SmartFace, etc. However, be careful while you are using emulators because these can be a little risky as they can bring some malware to your system as well.
There is another way to access iMessage for Windows by Jailbreaking your iPhone which means replacing your original iOS version with another operating system that will give you access to iMessage from anywhere through the internet. But, we will not recommend you to jailbreak your apple device as it can void the warranty and risk your personal data.
We hope this guide was helpful in getting your favorite iMessage app on your Windows computer.