Uplay is one of the most recognized downloadable gaming software as it is the portal for the majority of the Ubisoft gaming. It was developed by Ubisoft which is used for gaining rewards, purchasing as well as downloading games or even for buying third party titles. Some globally popular games like Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed, For Honor, Far Cry 5 etc are available here.
But users of Uplay often get bumped into such issues like connection errors. If you are the one with the same problem, then this is the perfect article for you to get your issues to get resolved. So, in this article we will be discussing all the official solutions provided by the Ubisoft for the troubleshooting of connectivity issues.
How do I fix Uplay Connection Lost?
There are a couple of verified solutions that you can try out for resolving such issues. In here I’ll be discussing the 6 pathways which will guide you to troubleshoot the connectivity issues. So, let’s start discussing this one by one:
First Solution: Offline and Proxy Mode:
Before heading forward we have to make sure of the fact that the Windows is not using any of the Proxy settings. Beside that also check that you have disabled the Offline Mode. Now, you can follow these steps:
- In the top left corner you will find the menu icon, click that
- Then click on settings
- Always start Ubisoft Connect in Online Mode should be checked
- No select the option of Change Proxy Settings
After conducting all these steps you will be able to see the window of the Windows Internet Options which allows the user to manage OS Internet Options.
Second Solution: Forward the Port:
This is an approved solution for the users who are not able to close their firewall. In that case you can forward the network ports to the computer which will end up in the completion of the configuration of the firewall or router.
There are certain sets of rules which need to be performed for the specific configuration of network ports. Either it is hardware or software, you can fix the problem by visiting here
Third Solution: Software conflict:
The outdated versions of Windows Firewall may be responsible for such errors. In that case you have to make sure that the Windows firewall is updated. If your problem continues, then check these steps out:
- In the taskbar you have to click on the upward arrow symbol, there you have to select the Firewall icon which is present at the bottom-left part of the small pane
- Now a window will appear named Windows Defender Security Center. There you need to click on option Firewall & network protection.
- Among the list of choices, choose a Public (non-discoverable) network.
- Navigate to the Windows firewall and switch it off
Note: It often happens that due to the installation of some other antivirus applications you are facing the connectivity issue. So, you need to take care of this matter if you want the smooth performance of the Uplay via the local network.
It is also advisable for you to close the VPN or ICS programs running in your system because it affects the network connection of the Ubisoft games.
Fourth Solution: Background applications
The applications running in the background can cause connection errors on Uplay . Hence, before initiating the game make sure all the background applications are shut down. Other than that you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Run window by clicking Windows button + R key and then type msconfig in the Run dialogue box.
- Now click OK or press the Enter key.
- Windows named System Configuration will appear.
- You have to choose the Selective startup option present as the last one.
- Here you have to uncheck the box named as Load startup items
- Finally you have to click on the Apply tab and then OK
- Restart your computer to see the changes
Fifth Solution: DNS Files:
This is the location where all the IP addresses of the recently visited websites are stored. Sometimes, it happens that because of some corrupted files, your internet connectivity issues happen.
- In the Start search box, type command prompt.
- Now click on that to open that application in Windows.
- After that you have to type there: ipconfig/flushdns
- Tap on the Enter button.
Sixth Solution: Reset the host files:
Just like the problem discussed in the fifth solution, the same issue can appear with the host files too. Its important for you to reset the host files in order to overcome the internet connectivity error:
- You have to download all the default host files.
- Now, you can easily extract the files and can copy it in the folder named C:WindowsSystem32driversetc
- Finally click the Replace tab
Hence, using all these solutions will help you to overcome the uplay connectivity issue. Even after carrying out all these procedures in your system, the problem continues, so you can contact Ubisoft.