Whiteboard animation videos have grown to become exceptionally popular marketing tools these days. Doodly, undoubtedly stands out as one of the most popular whiteboard animations software in the market. The users have claimed it to be powerful, easy-to-use, and robust.
I am going to present my honest opinion on the Doodly and offer all the details that you would like to know before taking a call on buying this software.
Why are animation videos, among all, so dramatically in demand?
- The easiest way to express the concepts and ideas, graphically
- Simple to use
- High conversion rate
- Helps in creating eye-catching videos
- Animated storytelling
Stories have always stayed all-time favorites and the most influencing channels for all. The animation is like icing on top of the already captivating explanation video. So, overall it’s a win-win for the marketers willing to give away their ideas in the most lucid way. The demonstration is as plain as depicting the ideas on a whiteboard by drawing them and then rolling the same in the best possible, simple, and creative way.
Is Doodly the best whiteboard animation software?
When you search for whiteboard animation software, the first thing that the search engine will throw to you is Doodly. That said, it turns out to be the most popular one on its planet. Let me share some of the salient features of Doodle that you might like to read
This is a wonderful tool for drawing sketches with a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface. Doodle has a library of custom-drawn images that offer a wide selection. You can conveniently drag any number of images onto the canvas to create your doodle. While there are a plethora of images already, the tool also extends the option of creating and uploading images.
According to me, this might be the prominent reason for Doodle’s popularity. Doodle holds out a vast array of custom images. Approximately 200 characters poisoning in more than 20 different poses fill the library with all the images that you would need. The library also showcases many backgrounds and props that you can efficiently utilize in your creative videos.
Overall, Doodle covers every niche that I tried in my videos and could think of.
Doodly audio library
Doodly makes the task of adding audio way easier with two-track running parallel, one for voice over and the other for background music. Trimming the audio and adding the ‘n’ number of audio clips is very easy and handy on Doodly.
Formulated with a royalty-free music track library of itself, Doodly also gives an option to the user for adding several voice-overs and music tracks.
Easy editing with a drag-and-drop interface
Doodly presents a very basic drag-and-drop interface that you might be very familiar with. Editing, duplicating, reordering, adding, or deleting scenes are all a once click edit which you can perform in the bottom Timeline section. The right-hand side presents the doodly library, while the left-hand side deliberately carries the options to alter. With a neat and clean interface, it’s a brilliant tool for easy animated doodle video creation.
Simple export and share
Export and share are also a one-click operation on Doodly. You get to choose the quality, resolution, frame rate, etc for the video and then two tabs mentioning export and share does all the work for you. Now, that’s easy, right?
Canvas and hand options
Although it is primarily a whiteboard animation software, the tool brings an option of 4 more canvas that you may utilize to suit your style. The canvas options in Doodly are as follows:
Well, that’s not all about it! You can even customize your video with any color of the background and choose from a marker or chalk to further highlight your personal touches.
While there is no option to add your hand style, the tool offers as many as 33 different hand styles along with an equivalent number of animated hand styles to use from. These templates go with both right and left hands, as per your choice.
Who should be using Doodly?
Well, being the fair means of reaching out to a large audience, I guess Doodly is a good tool for the people who like creating videos to sell their ideas, services, or products. People who are one of the below can benefit from Doodly:
- Affiliate and social media marketers
- Professional presentation developers
- Other video creators.
Pros of Doodly
- Doodly offers a large customer support team. You also get access to the social media sharing page of Doodle on Facebook, wherein, multiple creative ideas and faq’s pop up from the users like you. The tool also offers a request feature, which according to me is excellent for a doodle tool.
- The tool provides Doodly tutorials that are a good user guide and prompts one to get started easily.
- All the above-mentioned features of Doodly make the tool easy and comfortable for use, even for first-timers.
- The creators of the tool offer regular updates and above all help you customize the software, suiting your style and demands.
Cons of Doodly
- There is no Doodly free version of the tool(but it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- Although there is an option of importing your images in colors unless you purchase the Doodly rainbow( add-on for a one-time fee), the doodles you get to use are nothing but black and white. Even though these doodles are attractive and communicative by themselves, a color palette adds more value.
- The voice-over features offered by Doodly appear very raw and if you ask me, it’s much better to add your voice-over as an mp3 file.
- It is desktop software but fuels on the internet. So, it lacks offline use.
Sadly, there is no Doodly free version and you need to choose from either of the two pricing options:
- Standard- $20 per month (annual billing) or $39 per month (monthly billing)
- Enterprise – $40 per month (annual billing) or $69 per month (monthly billing)
As per my experience, the benefit of the enterprise version is the augmentation of the images that the team offers every month.
That adds to compose a huge library of custom-made images and audio.
The additional benefit offered by Doodly is the 30-day money-back guarantee which gives you an option to try and then buy.
Like all the other software that you get to buy, the monthly pack which can be canceled anytime appears to be priced higher when compared to the annual plans. If you plan to purchase Doodly, find further details about it here.
Well, Doodly is a brilliant tool as a whole and is highly recommended to all the folks out there planning to create their doodle videos. But there are other options as well, which you might have a look at.
Well, if you are looking out to buy a whiteboard animation software, then I hope this review article would have solved your queries. I like the tool and recommend the same to all, in case you have some other preferences and features in mind, then suit your choice with any of the alternatives stated above.
Do let me know if you plan to buy the tool after reading this article. Also, comment if you have any further points to add to the review.