Has it ever happened that you pulled an all-nighter gaming with your friends and woke up with a pricking sensation in your head? You are bound to experience that quite often if you’re someone who spends a considerable amount of time in front of the screen playing video games. In South Korea, 7-12 years students who used smartphones for more than 4 hours a day over a period of 4 months were diagnosed with acute acquired comitant esotropia.
In addition, studies show that in India, 576 adolescents were reported to experience digital eye strain as a result of lying down while using the phone.
Though, the consequences are bad- blurry vision, headache, tired eyes, you should not have to suffer and definitely not abstain from playing your favorite video games.
Did you know?
According to research in today’s Nature Neuroscience, gaming improves a visual ability crucial for tasks like reading and driving at night
Gaming is good but everything in excess can be dangerous, hence, in this article we bring you the top 10 gaming glasses in 2021 that not only protect your eyes from the harmful radiations and light from the screen but are also sure to make you look smart. So, if you’re a gamer or a streamer, dive right into this article and pick the right pair of glasses for you.
1. Gunnar Razer RPG Gaming Glasses
These glasses are probably the first choice of every gamer out there, reason being Gunnar is the best in the gaming glasses market. These glasses claim to protect your vision from blue light and block any kind of headache while viewing the screen or any tablet. It’s available for men and women. These are best in the industry if you’re looking for a pair of gaming glasses of high quality, and they last long too. The stylish design of these glasses make it all-the-more reason to add it to your list.
- They’re available with power lenses.
- Adjustable nose pads.
- Very stylish looking.
- Come with anti-scratching and anti-reflective coating.
- Come in only size i.e.,62 mm which could be large for some users.
- The price is relatively high.
- Weight- 2.4 Ounces
- Dimensions- 6.85 × 2.13 × 2.83 inches
- 65 blue light protection amber lens.
- Block blue light
2. Gamma Ray Light Blocking Gaming Glasses
The Gamma Ray Trust Series Blue Light Blocking Glasses are just the right pick if you’re a newbie and looking for an affordable pair of glasses to start out with. They come in a wide range of design and are unisex. These smart pair of glasses come with Amber tinted lens technology that blocks the amount of blue light that enters your eyes and hence reduces headache, eye tiredness and irritation.
- Very affordable
- Various magnification options.
- They are not available for prescription.
- Comes only in one size
- BluGuard Technology
- Lightweight Frame
- Dimensions- Lens Width: 53 mm, Bridge Length: 17 mm, Temple Length: 145 mm, Lens Height: 42.5 mm, Frames Width: 141 mm.
- Plastic frame and plastic lens.
3. Feiyold Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The Feiyold blue light blocking glasses are designed for men and women and come in various colors and designs. These glasses claim to reduce eye stress by blocking the blue light and the 3A transparent lens block 99% of the harmful screen radiations. It comes in 2 pairs at a great price.
- Very affordable.
- Flexible design.
- Lightweight frame.
- Peculiar stylish design.
- Some users claim that the product doesn’t entirely block the blue light
- The quality of the frames is not very good
- Dimensions- 6.69 x 2.17 x 2.76 inches
- Weight- 0.141 ounces
- Anti-eye fatigue.
4. J + S Vision Blue Light Shield Gaming Glasses
These glasses come with low color distortion lenses with a wide range of designs and colors for both men and women. These glasses protect your eyes from high energy blue light emitted from electronic devices. They improve performance and productivity by filtering out the blue light and keeping your eyes safe.
- Low color distortion lens
- Blocks 90% blue light.
- Offers magnification option
- Not available on prescription.
- They don’t block as much light as the other darker lenses do.
- Polycarbonate frame and lens.
- UV protection coating.
- Lends width- 42mm
- Bridge- 17 mm
5. HyperX Gaming Eyewear
Not only do these glasses protect you from the harmful blue lights, but they also make you look extra cool. These glasses look so good that you could wear them to a party. In addition, they’re extremely light-weight and adjust comfortably with a headset. Although a little expensive, they are so worth it.
- Durable untinted lens.
- Stylish clear-cut design.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Comes with a hard shell case
- A little expensive.
- Weight- 11.5 ounces
- Dimensions- 7.2 x 3.4 x 2.6 inches
- Made up of MR-8 Material
- Durabable acetate frames.
6. Coasion Blue Light Blocking Glasses
These ultra light pair of glasses block 100% UV light and protect your eyes from fatigueness. They also claim to be anti-reflective, anti-friction, and wear-resistant. These glasse come in a wide range of design and colors and are unisex. These glasses are sure to minimize headache and help you sleep better. They also come very cheap making them the right pick.
- Comes with a lifetime breakage warranty.
- Very stylish
- Some users compared about the glare
- The quality is not up to the mark.
- Don’t come with a prescription.
- Plastic frame and lens.
- Lens width- 50 mm
- Lens height- 45 mm
- Arm- 140 mm
7. Swanwick Classic Glasses
These super stylish pair of glasses are designed for students and professionals and come in three different sizes to suit everyone. These glasses are specifically made to reduce eye-strain by blocking the blue light from your devices. These acetate glasses are designed for day and night use. If you’re not on a budget and looking to invest in a long-lasting and sturdy pair of glasses, then look no more.
- Environmental friendly glasses.
- Available in three sized
- Comes with a prescription too.
- Available for day and night use.
- Have a very stylish look.
- These glasses don’t have a magnification option.
- They don’t block as much light as expected.
- Dimensions- 6.69 x 2.95 x 1.73 inches
- Weight- 3.87 ounces.
- Block 98% blue light at 400 nm.
- Made up of acetate, a plant based hypoallergenic plastic.
8. Gameking Ultra Blue Light Blocking Glasses
These glasses are a little peculiar as they are designed to clip-on to your already prescription glasses so you don’t have to change your glasses everytime you sit in front of the screen. They are anti blue light and UV and filter out 85% of the harmful blue light.
They are designed to fit rectangular frames only that are no more than 39mm. Also, they come with a lifetime warranty.
- Extremely light-weight.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Comes with a prescription.
- The clip-on can be a little annoying.
- Doesn’t block a lot of light.
- Some users have complained that the quality is not up to the mark.
- No magnification.
- 5-in-1 coating technology.
- Dimensions- 5.12 x 1.54 x 0.39 inches
- Weight- 0.28 ounces
- Amber tint poly-carbonated lens
9. Stamen Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The Stamen Blue Light Blocking glasses are available in four different frames, suitable for men and women. They are lightweight and come with silicone nose padding which adds extra comfort. These glasses block out the harmful blue light from all the devices and make sure your eyes are well-rested. The design is classic and simple and they fit everyone.
- Come with silicone nose pads which add more comfort.
- Anti-slip arms
- Skin-friendly glasses
- No anti-reflective coating.
- Does not block out much UV light
- No prescription available.
- Dimensions- ?5.47 x 2.05 x 1.89 inches
- Weight- 0.88 ounces
- Made up of alloy material
- Silicone nose pads and anti-nasal print
10. ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The ANRRI blue light blocking glasses have the capability to block blue light emitted from your device and also filter out the harmful UV radiations. They come in stylish 4 designs for men and women and claim to reduce eye strain and avoid headache.
- Comes in various appealing colors and designs.
- Includes prescription options.
- No magnification option.
- Hard to clean as they are made up of polycarbonate.
- Made up of polycarbonate.
- Cuts 90% of the blue light
- Dimensions- 5 x 5.24 x 1.75 inches
- Weight- 5.28 ounces
And that was it for our top 10 gaming glasses, we hope this article helps you pick the right pair of gaming glasses for you. As effective gaming glasses are, remember they can only help upto some extent, it’s important to take several breaks in between your game and exercise regularly for a healthy lifestyle, it’s also important to get a well-rested sleep to relax your eyes.