Table of Contents
Loom is considered to be one of the best tools for screen recording and sharing the media over different platforms. It helps in recording video messages on the user’s screen as well as a camera or even both. It is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android. With the help of loom communication with the partners becomes more effective, efficient, and expressive all at a time.
With the help of loom extensions available for different devices, one can create their own videos and can share faster than email.
The key features of the loom are:
- Capturing Audio or making audio calls.
- Real-time chatting options are also available.
Can I use the loom offline?
No, if you are offline then you’ll not be allowed to access the Loom for creating videos or using features.
Does Loom have a time limit?
Yes, loom users have a time limit. For loom starter users the time limit is 5 minutes and that of education users is 45 minutes.
Why do we need Alternatives for loom?
With advantages, there come some disadvantages also, so there are certain features that can be taken into account for the selection of some other alternatives for loom. Some disadvantages of loom which can be overcome by other alternatives to loom are mentioned below:
The free version of the loom allows approximately 198 videos to record.
- There are no other ways available to restrict the information like names, email addresses, or phone numbers.
- Loom does not allow you to add comments to the videos
- To avail more features one has to pay more for that.
10 Best alternatives to loom
In this article, you will be able to get detailed information about the best loom alternatives. The top 10 alternatives to loom are listed below:
- Clip by Clickup
- Wistia Soapbox
Now, Let’s explore the features, pros, cons, and pricing of these best loom alternatives.
CamStudio is a free screen recording software available for Windows and browsers. It is regarded as one of the best tools to create quick demos or short video clips as well as helps in screencasting on the user’s computer in AVI.
- It records the screen and audio to AVI files.
- It helps in the conversion of AVI into Flash
- It provides you the feature of adding text or comments in your videos
- It highlights the cursor path for clarity
- It provides the customization of the watermark.
- Video effects can be used for designing your videos.
- It is free of cost
- There is no limitation in time for recording your video
- It is free of cost but CPU resources cost more here.
- The resulting video file size is quite large
- The output files are available only in AVI & SWF format.
Free of cost
CloudApp allows recording and sharing quick demo clips as well as adding screenshot annotations all in one platform. The supporting platforms are Windows, Chrome, Mac, and iOS.
- Capturing screen as well as videos
- Provides image editor
- Customization of thumbnails
- Annotations feature available
- Customer support
- Text extraction
- Scrolling capture
- Allows automatic hosting of the images so that they can be previewed
- Great integrations with Slack-like tools can help in previewing the screenshots.
- It is simple and intuitive to use.
- The output file sizes are quite large.
- The workflow of images and gifs should be more simplified
- Basic image filters like brightness or grayscale are not available
Free of cost
It is a powerful tool for capturing images and videos. It can easily and quickly add the annotation while creating demos for an explanation. It supports Microsoft Windows and Mac Os
- The annotation feature is available here
- Can capture a process
- File sharing and platform search is the additional functionality of the platform
- Scrolling Capture
- Create GIFs instantly
- The file can be saved in GIF, PSD, BMP, PDF, MHTML
- Quick Screen Capture makes things easier
- It creates the GIFs instantly
- The installation process is quite simple.
- Lack of some advanced editing tools
- It uses a considerate amount of RAM.
$49.99 one time payment with a free trial
Camtasia helps the user to record lessons, tutorials, and even product demos.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Cursor Smoothing effect available
- Supports personalized images with logos
- Automatic audio leveling available
- Green screen feature available
- Panning and Zooming available
- Transitions, animation intros, and outros are the assets available.
- Contains a library of training videos for newbies.
- Multitrack timeline functionality does not work well.
- Crash of software happens
- Lack of compression and CODEC functionality
Single license for up to 2 devices: $249 one-time fee
Priority support for 1 year: $49.75/yr
The clip is the video capturing tool developed by ClickUp for capturing the screen to boost up the collaboration in the Workspace.
- Screen Recording
- Sharing of the video by copying the link in your Workspace
- Zoom integration with ClickUp
- Time Tracking
- Annotations of PDF, PNG, JPEG, and other documents are available.
- The free version is available with unlimited members
- The software has integration with Giphy, Google Drive, YouTube, Loom
- Easy recording of desktop windows, Chrome, and Firefox tab
- The users are not allowed to record their video content with the help of their webcam
- Lack of video editing features
- Free Plan: free forever
- Unlimited Plan: $5/month per member
- Business Plan: $9/month per member
- Enterprise Plan: Price here
Soapbox is one of the highly qualified webcam recording software which comes along with a free extension for Chrome.
- Analytics for video messages are available
- Sharing Pages are customizable
- Email Support
- Supports Team Collaboration
- Without any lag, it can switch between screen sharing, face timing, and screen splitting for a better connection with the observer
- Customization of thumbnail
- It is easy to use and has an attractive interface.
- Lack of survey forms for the users to give their views
- The sound quality is not good enough
- Lack of some robust features
$300 per year
It is a screen recorder and editor software. It also allows adding subtitles to the videos and edit contents.
- Sharing over social media
- Text Overlaying
- Supports HD Resolution
- Audio Capturing
- Multiple Layout available
- Workspace available for organizing contents, logos, and others
- Online editing tools like cropping videos, removing background noise and more are available.
- Simple and easy to use
- Affordable software
- Great Customer Support available
- No availability of 3D video editing
- The free version has limited features to offer
- Watermark appears in the free version
Basic: $144 per user annually
Pro: $288 per user annually
Vidyard is also a screen recording platform available as an extension for the Chrome browser.
- Engagement Notifications
- Optimization of videos available
- Animated Video previews available
- Ad-free video hosting available
- Video hubs available
- Automatic transcriptions of the videos are done.
- Customer support service is excellent
- Easy and intuitive interface
- It provides useful marketing emails and newsletters.
- UI can be confusing for the newbie.
- Limited editing features
- It is expensive
Free plan: $0
Pro plan: $15/month
Teams plan: $300/month
Business plan: $1250/month
Droplr helps make visual collaboration. it has integration with native apps for Mac, Windows, iOS.
- Screen Capturing
- File upload and link shortener
- Screen recorder feature with the unlimited GIF recording duration
- Viewer Analytics
- AI-powered Risk Assessment
- Easy to use
- Clean UI
- Allows the user to write and save text whether it is code snippets or in Markdown format
- Lack of crop tool
- The pixelation tool does not support different modes of use.
- Lack of customization of the tool.
Pro Plan: $84 billed annually
Team Plan: a team of 15 members $7 per user per month
Enterprise plan: a team of 16+ members: tailored price plan
Flashback is considered as the best alternative for loom too. It supports a wide range of platforms like Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, macOS
- Multiple Screens
- Recording annotations
- Quick export
- Direct upload to youtube
- Editing Timeline
- Recording video and capturing audio.
- Easy to install and simple interface
- No watermark in the free version
- Unlimited recording in free version
- It seems like the software is a bit outdated
- Video editing tools are very basic
- Very simple screen recorder
1 PC: $49
2 PC: $74
Can loom videos be uploaded to YouTube?
In case if you want to upload the video on YouTube, Google Drive or others, all you have to do is firstly download the Loom video in MP4 format in your computer. After that you can easily upload it on any platform.
I hope this article helped provide all the essential alternative tools for the loom. The overall opinion of mine is that I consider Clip by ClickUp as one of the best alternatives for the loom. Let us know which are your favourite loom alternatives and if you know another tool that is worth mentioning, please feel free to contact us with the link to the tool.