The development of Wi-Fi technology in modern computers has made communication much easier than in the past. There is no need to use phone tables or traditional heavy faxing machines to send or receive the documents or share sensitive information. The Internet has revolutionized communication as well as faxing. Now you must be thinking that can Wi-Fi connections be used for faxing? The answer is yes. Dive into the article to learn “how”?
If you have a laptop or a computer and a secured internet connection, all you need is to get a fax number to start faxing. Multiple apps allow you to send a Fax for free or after buying a subscription plan. Here we are listing three top apps and brief details on “how to send a FAX from a pc?”
These apps include CocoFax, eFax, and ring central fax & if you rank them in order, CocoFax tops the list with its incredible features. It is fast, secure, reliable, recognized, & easy to operate, while both other apps lack these features.
How to send a Fax from your computer with CocoFax?
CocoFax is an online Fax service provider that allows you to send or receive the fax from your computer through the internet. As long as an internet connection is working and you are registered with CocoFax, you can turn your computer into a high-end fax machine.
It uses internet signals to send or receive the fax. When you submit a Fax through it intercepts the signals and translates time into the one that the fax machine can read. Similarly, when you receive a Fax, it uses the same technique to read the signals and convert time into information.
- First of all, sign up for the CocoFax account. This is done by visiting the official CocoFax website. Once you click on the signup, a window opens on the screen where you need to fill the necessary information, such as your email address or your password.
- The next step is to choose your fax number, for this purpose, you have to select your country or area, and the number type either you want a local or international number and enter your area code. If you are using the free account, you will be provided with a number automatically by the CocoFax, but if you have a subscription plan, you can choose any number of your choice.
- Now when you have signed up and obtained your fax number, you will be taken to the dashboard. On the dashboard, various options appear on the screen comprising new fax, inbox, outbox, starred, sent, trash, contacts, and profile information.
- To send the fax, click on the “new fax,” a new fax window will open.
- You can create your fax here by filling the information in all the required fields. In the “To” section, enter the fax number of the receiver. In the “subject, “write a keyword or phrase that will appear on the top of the document.
- Now attach the documents. CocoFax allows you to attach as many documents as you want and merge them into a single document before sending. It does not matter; your document is in which format because CocoFax supports most of the formats.
- You can also create a cover page to attach to your document, but it is not mandatory unless you have some necessary information to share.
- Once you have filled all the fields and attached the documents, click on the “send” button. As soon as you hit the send button, CocoFax will receive your information and translate it into signals to send it to the receiver.
- Once the fax has been received successfully on the other side, a confirmation message will appear in the inbox. Or, if it fails due to some reason, you will be notified about the unsent message as well.
- There is no need to worry if your fax is unsuccessful because sometimes when the fax machine is busy or turned off your faxes are returned to you.
How to send a Fax from your computer with eFax?
- Go to the official website of eFax and sign up. You are required to provide your name, email address, and other information for this purpose.
- Once you have signed up, go to the homepage and click on “send a fax now” and a window will open on the screen.
- Write down your name, email address, the message you want to send, attach the files, and enter the reception name along with the fax number.
- Follow the instructions on the page if any further information is required, such as the confirmation codes or the area codes.
- And click on the send button.
- Note that eFax does not have a user-friendly interface; in fact, it is much more complicated. If you are a beginner or new to faxing, you will find it tough to send or read the received faxes through eFax.
- Moreover, it may come with ads, limits of pages you can fax as well as the daily charges.
Ring Central Fax
- Ring central fax allows you to create an account for free and use it for a few days as well.
- You can use your email or even download the RingCentral fax mobile app to use this service. Whenever you are supposed to fax the document, open the RingCentral fax, and click on to create a fax.
- Enter the fax number of the receiver and attach files you want to convert in sent as a Fax. Ring central fax is portable and easy to use, but it still comes with specific fields and depressions that a layperson will be unable to carry out.
Which service is better & why?
If you compare the features and the user interface, CocoFax outshines. As it allows you to send or receive the fax in an end to end encrypted environment, 30-day free trial, permanent storage of your information, and fastest faxing over the internet.