Table of Contents
The recent pandemic was a test of how well doctors and nurses could meet the growing need for accurate information. It was a time of hopelessness and fear, but the right healthcare content made people aware and capable of making good health choices.
We may be nearing the end of the pandemic, but high-quality, useful, and accurate content lives on. This guide gives you tried-and-tested tips, techniques, and trends that you can use to create powerful healthcare content marketing techniques.
Top Healthcare Content Marketing Trends
Digital Authority Partners said that a well-designed content marketing plan helps connect providers and practitioners with their patients and makes the latter happier. However, trends in healthcare marketing constantly change.
Awareness of healthcare marketing trends guides marketers in designing and implementing successful efforts. Below are healthcare content marketing trends that should be on your list.
Patient Reviews Enhance Content
A 2022 poll found that over 70% of consumers read online reviews when choosing a doctor. This trend will likely continue until 2023 as patients become more selective. So, add patient reviews to your content to boost your authority and improve your reputation. Incorporate review excerpts into your blogs, site content, landing pages, and social media posts.
Use these tips when creating healthcare content to make the most of this trend.
- Secure customer permission before using their name or likeness. Send them a direct message or email to ask for permission.
- Feature accurate customer testimonials with no exaggerated claims. Do not add comments or exaggerate reviews. Make your content sound as natural as possible.
- Add reviews to your service or product pages. Doing this lets you showcase your expertise and services.
- Use a short snippet or show a full review. Use lengthy positive reviews but use bullet points to highlight important information.
COVID-19-Focused Content Remains In-Demand
Quarantine, COVID-19 vaccines, handwashing, and social distance remain popular keywords. Google Trends also shows that people search for COVID-19 variants and testing terms like “bivalent,” “omicron,” and “rapid antigen test” a lot. The latest pandemic trends and issues, such as long-term COVID, are ideal for content creation.
Remember the following tips as you create trending content:
- Look for trending content. Use platforms like Google Trends, YouTube, or Sprout Social.
- Gather enough data to support your content. Start surveys, quizzes, or games to gather data. Use content management tools like HubSpot CMS Hub, or WordPress for rendssite metrics.
- Stick only to relevant topics. Look for the latest issues in your industry. Use Google Trends to identify popular search topics in the healthcare industry.
- Post updates to your trending content. Trending content can change dramatically, such as the number of COVID-19 infections in a local area. Be sure to update your content regularly and check for relevance.
Internal Data Underpinning Content Development
The Google Helpful Content Update affected many industries, including healthcare. The update emphasizes real, high-quality content, so healthcare sites need a strong content marketing plan. Data helps in creating such content.
The trend of using data in content is likely to keep going as more information comes in from customers. So, take advantage of this. Create data-driven content to predict what people will want, buy, and do. For instance, use data like location and age from email signups to create customer-centric content.
Here are more tips:
- Follow HIPAA rules in using patient information. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act secures patient-protected health information (PHI). To protect patients, you must follow HIPAA when marketing with PHI.
- Use data to create actionable or practical guides. For instance, COVID-19 data can inform guides on social distance, mask use, handwashing, and quarantine.
- Invest in link-building strategies. Internal links help search engines understand your content and page relationships. Link to trustworthy healthcare sites, not competitors.
Boost Healthcare Brand Awareness with Influencers
According to a 2022 survey, 98% of healthcare marketers prefer Facebook. YouTube followed with 94%. This showed the power of social media in healthcare marketing. It follows that social media influencers can help you create relevant content.
Consumers trust influencer recommendations more than brand-produced marketing content. Marketers agree that influencer content gets more engagement than brand content. Since customers like influencers, this trend is likely to continue.
Check out these tips to take advantage of the healthcare influencer content trend.
- Connect with influencers. Follow their social media activity. Before pitching your content marketing campaign, like, comment, and share their posts.
- Compile a list of influencers in your industry. Conduct research on the platform. Using appropriate hashtags can help you find the best healthcare influencers.
- Check out other brands. Find out how other companies are doing with their influencer marketing strategies.
The Latest Healthcare Content Creation Tips and Techniques
With your knowledge of the latest trends in healthcare content creation, you can make marketing content that will get your patients’ attention. The tips and techniques below will guide you.
Come Up with Content Optimized for Local SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) strategies aim to boost a site’s search engine results page (SERP) ranking. By optimizing your content for local search, your website will rank higher on organic SERPs and attract more visitors to your local healthcare center or practice.
Find out what local terms your patients are searching for before optimizing content for local SEO. Use Semrush, Moz Keyword Explorer, or Google Keyword Planner for keyword research.
For instance, as a San Diego pediatrician, you can use tools to research local terms to improve your service and website. “San Diego pediatrician” or “pediatrician in San Diego” would work.
Also, use relevant terms on service pages. For instance, use “San Diego pediatrician” for your homepage and “San Diego kids flu vaccines” for your influenza page.
Here are best practices for optimizing your content for local search.
- Add a target keyword to your title tag. Put your main keyword there to help Google understand, index, and find your site when someone searches for your keyword.
- Create informative meta descriptions. This appears in the SERP when customers search your site or business using your keywords.
- Include local keywords in your content. Create websites using the most relevant local keywords if you have a local business.
- Add original images and optimize with alt text. This helps visually impaired people and search engines better understand images and your content.
- Format your pages correctly. Keep your pages clean, well-formatted, and texts organized with headings.
Use Different Content Platform
Content goes beyond your website. Create content for video channels, podcast channels, etc. You need to know what digital platforms and content your patients like to create engaging marketing content.
Facebook was the preferred digital platform for 92% of US healthcare marketers in 2022. Around 86% chose Google Ads and LinkedIn. Your presence on these platforms is vital to your campaign’s success. Remember the following when creating content for various platforms:
- Consider what platform your customers prefer. Find your patients on popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Surveys and questionnaires can reveal this.
- Take time to understand platform features. For instance, Facebook has the most users, but LinkedIn is best for business networking.
Keeping up with the latest trends in healthcare content marketing helps you make content that will attract new patients and clients, which will help your practice grow in the long run. And with practical content creation tips and techniques, you can fine-tune your marketing strategies to fit your patients and clients.