Table of Contents
Discord, a VoIP software is a perfect solution for all the gamers which can run in browser. At the same time it allows the users to share their screen as well as adjust others mic while allowing voice chat for communication across the globe. However, one of the major issues that the users of Discord faces nowadays is that the audio of screen sharing is not working. And in this article we will discover all the possible solutions to overcome the discord screen share no audio error.
How to fix Discord’s Screen share audio not working properly?
Let’s discuss all the solutions in a very detailed and descriptive way in order to fix this issue.
First Solution: Addition of Your Activity
Sometimes errors like not being able to recognize your activity often happen. In general, it doesn’t happen but if in case it occurs then you have to follow the following steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, launch the application and go to the Settings.
- Now, on the left side of the navigation bar you will find the Entry of Games tab, click on that.
- Add the application(where the audio is inactive) in the Game Activity section, this will make that application more focused. Finally, check if your problem is resolved or not.
Second Solution: Administrator Mode:
If you are being driven by these audio complications, then you can try giving the application administrator access. You can do that by :
- Open the Window Explorer by pressing the Win + E button and proceed to the directory where the Discord is being installed.
Point to be noted: Usually the Local Disk C Program Files are the default location for installation of this software.
- Now, after installation of discord, right click on it and select the Properties tab.
- Here select the Compatibility and select Run the program as an Administrator option.
- Ultimately, select the Apply option to save the changes and now check if your screen sharing audio is working.
Third Solution: Reinstallation of the audio drivers:
What if the audio drivers are the faulty one, well if that is the real crook then the necessary methods are to be taken to fix it.
- At first press Window+R for opening the Run window.
- Here in the dialogue box, type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- A Device Manager window will pop up where you have to double-click on Audio inputs and outputs option
- After that right click on the options of hardware, and select Uninstall device
- Select can for hardware changes by right clicking anywhere.
- After the completion of all these, the system will scan for any uninstalled hardware and will automatically install the default one.
As soon as the installation completes, restart your computer.
What if the problem still continues?
Do the above mentioned step as it, only the few changes which you have to make is
Instead of uninstalling the device, select the Update driver which may resolve the audio issue.
Fourth Solution: Updating Discord in System:
You need to proceed with these steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run pop up
- Now in the dialogue box press %localappdata% and click OK
- Double-click on Discord and then select the option Update.exe
- Finally relaunch the software.
Fifth Solution: Check Your audio settings:
If you’re still unable to manage the problem, try this solution:
- At first press Win+R to open the Run Window
- In the dialogue box type appwiz.cpl and press OK or Enter.
- In the application manager, navigate to the Entry of Discord and right click to select Uninstall
- Finally restart your system.
Point to be noted: You can install and download discord by visiting the page https://discord.com/download
I hope this will definitely work out. Other than all these quick fixing solutions, there is one more I want to suggest to you. Let’s see how to use that.
Final Solution: Use Push to Talk :
Discord is totally automated for this audio activity. If that doesn’t happen you can select the feature named Push to Talk:
- At first find yourself in the left corner at the bottom of the page. Now, click on the Settings.
- In this option, scroll down and select Voice & Video(Voice)
- Now, in order to enable this feature, click on the box near to Push to Talk.
How to configure this out?
You just have to go through the steps mentioned below systemically.
- Navigate to the Settings and find Keybinds
- Now click on Add a Keybind available on the right corner at the top of the page.
- Here, choose Push to Talk as a mode of action for yourself. After that you have to click on Record Keybind where you can select the key as toggle to activate Push to Talk feature.
- Finally, press Stop Recording and save it.
- Thereafter, in the Settings select Voice from the Voice & Video option. Now you can enable Push to Talk and you’ll notice a slider named Push To Talk Release Delay, which can be used for modifying the time for cutting the voice signal after the release of the keybind.
- Lastly, just check if your screen share audio is fixed or not.
All the solutions disclosed above are proven to fix the screen share audio issue on Discord and I hope with the help of this detailed guide, you have managed to fix the issue. Please comment down below which of the solutions was most helpful for you among the list and if you have any other suggestions for fixing this trouble, feel free to share with us by commenting down below.