Apple launched the Apple Watch Series 6 at its virtual “Time Flies” event. Despite having quite similar looks like that of the Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 5 models, the new smartwatch by the Cupertino giant got new hardware.
The company has claimed that the new hardware is sure to deliver:
- Faster performance,
- Better water resistance,
- Enhanced wireless connectivity.
In addition to this, the Apple watch series 6 will be the first-ever in the line capable of measuring blood oxygen levels. The watch will be available in new colour options to attract a vast audience.
The company made one more announcement at its virtual “Time Flies” event. It was about the Apple Fitness+, a fitness service that will sync with your watch to show your Apple Watch Metrics alongside a growing library of music-based workout videos.
With reference to Apple’s 2030 environment pledge, the company is all set to launch its new watch lineup without AC adapters.
As mentioned in a post by Apple newsroom the series 6 will offer a “revolutionary Blood Oxygen feature that offers users even more insight into their overall wellness”
Apple Watch Series 6 price in India, availability details
The company has announced that in India, the series will be available at two prices:
- Rs. 40,900 for the GPS variant,
- Rs. 49,900. for Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) option
The above options will be available at the size specifications of 40mm and 44mm. However, the final date from which the product will be available in India is yet to be announced.
In the US, the series is launched as follows:
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) priced at $399 (roughly Rs. 29,400).
- The Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) is priced at $499 (roughly Rs. 36,700).
People can pre-book their watches on Apple.com or through the Apple Store app from September 16, 2020, onwards. They’ll be available from Friday, September 18 in the US.
Apple Watch Series 6 specifications
Talking about the specifications of this product, it is made up of aluminium, stainless steel, titanium, and ceramic materials. It got a ceramic and sapphire crystal back finish and is available in 40mm and 44mm case options.
As far as the power is concerned, the Apple Watch Series 6 will be powered by a new Apple S6 SiP (system in package). This new SiP is two times faster than the S5 processor which powers the Apple Watch Series 5.
It offers seamless connectivity with Apple devices for which it has a W3 wireless chip.
Apple series 6 will be the first in the family to be launched with UWB(ultra-wide-band ) technology. It will enable connectivity in a short range using radio waves, for which it will use the U1 chip.
To add on, the series has an always-on Retina display with a refresh rate of up to 60Hz. The display is said to be 2.5 times brighter than the previous model outdoors. It’s claimed that the display will have a peak brightness of 1,000 nits.
The resolution for two options of the Series 6 are as follows:
- 40mm Apple Watch Series 6 comes with a resolution of 324×394 pixels
- 44mm variant has 368×448 pixels
When it comes to health tracking, the Apple Series 6 has a lot to offer.
- Users can measure their blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with the help of a new health sensor that uses infrared light and photodiodes to detect the colour of blood under the skin and calculate blood oxygen saturation.
- It can detect atrial fibrillation (AFib) and can provide an electrocardiogram (ECG) report.
- Mental health-related issues like – panic attacks and high levels of stress can be detected
- Stress levels can be controlled with the help of regular exercises offered by the watch.
- Offers sleep tracking using an amalgamation of accelerometer data and software twitch available through watchOS 7.
The product got a battery back up of 18 hours, as claimed by the company.
Apple has left no stone unturned to attract a large number of people towards the Apple series 6. These watches will be available in various colour options.
The colour options are as follows:
- Blue colour case, in addition to Gold, Silver, and Space Grey.
- A new stainless steel Graphite model (apart from the existing gold) was also introduced, as well as a (Product)RED model with matching bands.
- Titanium finish in Natural Titanium and Space Black colours
It’s not over yet!
The company also revealed its new Solo Loop and Leather Link bands for Apple Watch models. Checkout The First-Ever Floating Apple Store.
Apple Watch SE price in India, availability
In a post by Apple Newsroom, the Apple watch SE is “The ultimate combination of design, function, and value”
To add on, the post said the new apple product is “Featuring the largest Apple Watch display, fall detection, advanced fitness features, and Family Setup with watchOS 7”
Apple watches SE is all set to be available “very soon” in India. The dates are yet to be announced, but the prices as stated by the company are as follows:
- Apple Watch SE GPS model starts at Rs. 29,900
- Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) starts at Rs. 33,900
As far as the prices for the same are concerned in the US, the watch will be available at:
- $279 (roughly Rs. 20,500) for the SE GPS model
- $329 (roughly Rs. 24,200) for the GPS + Cellular model
The features offered by both are exceptional in their own way.
Let’s see which product is successful in fetching a large number of customers in days to come.