There haven’t been many developments since the first time the Amazfit Band was glimpsed on the FCC database. Especially, the details of the device got nothing new since the day one of its launch.
Earlier the Amazfit band was reported to be a rebranded version of Mi Band 5. But now, the device is coming with an upgraded version of it.
The industry of IoT based devices is increasing with every passing day. Google recently declared that its industry-leading Assistant is now accompanying more than 50K devices across the globe. It claimed that the industry is compatible with all these devices from as many as 5,500 companies.
Taking into consideration the fact that the Google assistant came into existence in 2016, the growth even with the rival services( say from Apple, Samsung and Amazon) which are engrossed in their own voice assistant ecosystem, is quite relevant and notable.
With Fitbit, the Google Assistant is all set to establish various wearables available with support. One such device might be the Amazfit Band!. If you are interested in buying Fitbit check this before you proceed. Everything You Need To Know Before You Buy A Fitbit.
Let’s quickly dive into the features of the Amazfit Band in the next segment.
Amazfit Band 5 Features
Design and Modes
Design is the most important component of any product.Though the features of a product form its universal selling point, but the visual appearance is what interests the buyers on first hand. It’s the look and design of a product which catches the buyer’s attention and then the buyer moves forward to check the product’s features and specifications.
Coming onto the design of the Amazfit band, this device has everything that would attract the buyer to purchase it. It has incorporated literally everything that a person will require to track heath in the most accurate and smart way.
- Talking about the design of this device, the band comes with a dimension of 7.52 x 2.99 x 0.91 inches.
- The HD colour AMOLED panel is having over 45+ different watch faces alongside two 2 customizable faces.
- The PAI health Tool and 11 sports modes are indeed the best one could ever desire in a smart band to track health.
- In addition to measuring the sleep quantity, the band tracks users’ sleep for a daily nap.
- The band got a magnetic charging assistance similar to the Mi band 5.
- The exceptional battery specifications allow the smartband to run for as long as fifteen days when charged once, in normal mode. However, the band can operate continuously for 25 days, when used in the power saving mode.
- The device will be available in the black and orange colour options.
Tracking and Notification Features of the Amazfit Band:
- The tracking capabilities of the band shall include -The stress, breathing, heart rate and swim tracking.
- The band will display the notifications and reminders.
- The Camera Remote Control along with Music Control will be featured in this band.
- The band is 5 ATM water-resistant
Apart from the already listed features, some exceptional ones that will leave you awestruck and compel you to buy the Amazfit band are the Blood oxygen or SPO2 monitoring options and women health monitoring options, which are missing in the MI Band 5.The band will also be supporting Amazon Alexa.
For a long time, the only way to have Google Assistant onto your wrist was wearing an OS smartwatch. Since Google is now acquiring FitBit, various fit band companies have also started working towards incorporating Google Assistant to their smartwatches and fitness bands.
The folks at FitBit unveiled the latest watch collection on August 25,2020. They launched in the Vrsa and Inspire series. A FitBit brand new series was also launched, with an aim to work in the direction of fitness bands working with the Google Assistant. The devices are available for pre-order, and will be available in the market from next month onwards.
Fitbit’s latest smartwatches will be equipped with both Google Assistant and Alexa — something even Wear OS cannot do.
Hence we can choose either Amazon or Google’s voice assistant for our Fitbit.
The Amazfit is thereby supporting Alexa when it comes to working in the direction as discussed previously. If rumours are to be believed, Alexa support will later be added on the device via an OTA update.
Cost and Availability
The Amazfit band is now available for pre-order from Amazon US.
It is speculated that the product will be accessible for purchasing, i.e. the shipping process will begin from the 30th of September.
The product will cost its buyers $49.99. The NFC function is expected to be confined to China as usual. So far there is no information on the NFC function for the global version.
AmazFit is indeed a great option when it comes to having a Fit-band. It covers nearly every minor and major requirements of a user who want to keep a track of one’s health along with performing various other tasks, be it controlling the music or camera simultaneously in a lucid manner. This is sure to simplify our lives and a great example of how IOT( internet of things) will transform our lives in the coming future.