Hey folks, WordPress rolled out new 3.4 update. And I know why you are here. You may have been shocked with this strange error ( Fatal error: Call to undefined method dbrc_wpdb::delete() in ) that you saw while updating your WordPress database. And you are in panic, and helplessly searching all over the internet for a solution.
Don't panic, we've got a solution for you. It worked for me and hopefully it should work for you as-well.
You may get this get this fatal error if you have any plugin for database cache or something to do with WordPress database.
When this fatal error came up for me, I had DB Cache reloaded installed on my WordPress.
Solution to this Fatal Error:
Solution for this error is pretty simple.
- Open your Hosting Cpanel or use any FTP Client to browser wp-content of your WordPress installation.
- Now, locate the DB.PHP file and download it to your hard drive as a backup.
- Once you have backup up DB.PHP, just delete it from wp-content.
- Now refresh the page where you found "Fatal error: Call to undefined method dbrc_wpdb::delete()"
- If you still get the same error, then, go to wp-content/plugins and backup DB-Cache plugin (compress it first) and delete it. And now it should work and you should be able to go to your dashboard and re-install Database cache plugin from your WordPress interface or restore the DB cache plugin folder which you backed up earlier.